pages

background

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

The Rhythms of God's Grace...

As I sit here and think about where I am going and what I am about to do, tears fill my eyes with joy, sorrow, excitment, fear, nervousness, anxiousness... I used to always say, "I am gonna do this...", or "MY PLANS are to...." - what I am learning is that this is not about MY PLANS but GOD'S. What I thought I was going to do is not what God has me doing. Never did I think that I would be moving to Slovakia to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ to kids. WOW, what an adventure! God's love is so EXTRAVAGANT - his arms are spread so wide, his love is so deep, deeper than the oceans, and higher than the highest mountain that I can not even begin to fathom the love he has for us. I have found that when following God's will for our lives, that yes, to others we look crazy sometimes and probably don't understand ourselves what is going on, but His rhythms are so much more soothing than the paths we create on our own. Yet it may seem scary not knowing what he has planned next, but the adventure is well worth it.



1 comment:

Amy Lawlor said...

get your butt over here!!!!! will be praying for you along the way, but know that i am excited about what God has in store for you in this place!