pages

background

Saturday, June 07, 2008

"Nesting"



I looked up the word ‘nesting’ and this is what I got: 

            nest |nest|

noun

1 a structure or place made or chosen by a bird for laying eggs and sheltering its young.

a place where an animal or insect breeds or shelters : an ants' nest.

a person's snug or secluded retreat or shelter. 

a bowl-shaped object likened to a bird's nest : arrange in nests of lettuce leaves.

a place filled with or frequented by undesirable people or things : a nest of spies.

2 a set of similar objects of graduated sizes, made so that each smaller one fits into the next in size for storage : a nest of tables.

verb

1 [ intrans. ] (of a bird or other animal) use or build a nest : the owls often nest in barns | [as adj. ] ( nesting) do not disturb nesting birds.

2 [ trans. ] (often be nested) fit (an object or objects) inside a larger one : the town is nested inside a large crater on the flanks of a volcano.

[ intrans. ] (of a set of objects) fit inside one another : Russian dolls that nest inside one another.

(esp. in computing and linguistics) place (an object or element) in a hierarchical arrangement, typically in a subordinate position : [as adj. ] ( nested) organisms classified in a series of nested sets | a nested relative clause

I am not sure where the term “nesting” comes from when you are pregnant…I think I should call mine an OCD with cleaning.   I can’t stop thinking of all the things I need to get done and organized…some things don’t even make sense but I feel better when it is done.   Poor Bryan, constantly shakes his head and I am sure he is ready for my OCD stage to be over.  We have roughly 5 weeks to go before our little man is here.  Above is a picture of me at 33 weeks (7 1/2 months).  We went to the beach with Bryan’s family for my last little adventure before Elijah is here.   We had a great time a relaxed, as I needed to.  I took lots of naps, spent time with God, ate good Ree-Ree (Bryan’s grandmother) cooking, and hung out at the beach.


 

1 comment:

Leah said...

You look great pregnant, Lee Ann! I am so excited to read about the work you're doing with college and young singles!
We'll be stateside at the end of September, so hopefully we'll get to see each other at some point. I know we'll make it to Atlanta--just don't know when yet. Love and miss you!