pages

background

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

"...to the ends of the earth."

Sometimes God calls us to things and we wonder why? how come? what for? when? why me?......

This week God has been convicting me in a lot of things...one thing I often ask God is why me? Why Slovakia? What is your purpose for me God???? I found out this week that my grandpa is in the ICU and has suffered from a heart attack...he told the nurse that he was afraid of death. Needless to say, all these questions have been even stronger...being away from home is a hopeless feeling. I spent some time reading the Bible last night and praying for my grandpa, and God lead me to Acts 1:8,

"But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."

God is so good!!! It is so clear that he has sent me hear for a reason and purpose (to the ends of the earth; Slovakia), which does not mean it makes things easier at home but to know that God is in control and planned this move from the beginning and that makes it even more clear how OMNICIENT he is!
"Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were entreating (aka...begging or pleading) THROUGH us."
2 Cor. 5:20
WOW! He PLEADS THROUGH us... that is amazing how God chooses us to work through...
I met an 18 year old girl today who has had a rough life. Her name is Tina (she is a Slovak from Presov), 12 years ago her father passed away, and 3 years ago her mom was diagnosed with brain cancer... she has an older sister and one younger sister. 3 years ago, her mom passed away and then her older sister took her younger sister and moved to Germany to make more money. Tina did not go because she is still in high school and had to finish here...so now that leaves her living as an ophan in her mother's flat by herself with the government giving her money (barely enough to live off of). How humbling?! This is a small example of some of the kids here in Slovakia.

I have got to know several kids this week and have had a chance to hang out with them and get to know their feelings on Americans and getting to know a little bit more about them and their culture. What a neat group of people. They are so kind...it is amazing watching these kids work together and the love they have for each other. If one has a candy bar or a drink, I have watched them pass it around to everyone around them to take a bite before they even take their first bite...do you think you would see an American kid do that?? NO WAY!!! I have learned a lot of it is from their background of the communsium that they suffered. They waited in lines, lived off of eggs, bread and milk and if they wanted anything other than that, they had to PERSONALLY know a grocery store owner...WOW!!! I am so thankful that God is working on my heart here and that I am experiencing this lifestyle.

I think my mind is so full right now with all God is showing me and what he is teaching me...please be praying for the kids here and that they will open their hearts and be willing to hang out with us (the Americans). Also for my grandfather and that his pain will no longer be and that he will be up and walking and that God will give him peace with his struggles and fears right now, and for me...that God will continue to teach me and that I will be at peace with my NEW life here and help me to cope with the emotions on what is going on at home.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stay strong, LeeAnn. You are so awesome for what you have given up. I know God will continue to bless you for being his servant. I admire you so much. The pain I feel for you and for your hopelessness is nothing, i know, compared to what you're feeling right now. I'm so glad God lifted your spirits the other night. And you are right, He is in control....and everything will be alright. Sometimes we just have to put our trust in Him. That is so awesome to see Him comfort you. It gives me hope. I will be praying for you and your grandfather. And everything will work for the good because you love Him. I'm so proud of you LeeAnn. Look how far you've come in the last two years...my how God has used you! And how obedient you have been! What strength! I'm blessed to know you. And I'm proud to call you my best friend. You are so beautiful to me.
I love you.

Anonymous said...

Hey....that last post was from your retard best friend. I didn't mean to make it anonymous. And you never would have guessed I could have said something so sweet!!