pages

background

Friday, November 05, 2010

Goodbye "nunnie"

So today is the day...I took Elijah to the store to by a toy with his "nunnie" aka... PACIFIER!
I had no clue how this was going to go but it was time. He is 2 1/2 years old, my niece is loosing hers this weekend to the passy fairy and well his had a huge hole in it and it was on its last leg anyways. So I have been prepping him for two days about this BIG purchase and how he is a big boy. We get to the store and he picked out a package of 3 cars...pixar Disney CARS, of course. Then he also found an orange motorcycle. I thought to myself, $8.00... I can stand that for the loss of a pacifier. He was so excited about his purchase that we got to the car and he said so proudly, "I bought these with my nunnie." I thought, okay this is easier than I thought (besides the fact of getting to the register and the $8.00 purchase was $13.00, ugh! Too late, he was already buying them).
We made it all the way to the subdivision without him asking for it AND he was past his nap. UNTIL 1 mile from the house... "mommy, can we go to the store for my nunnie?" Great!
I was able to change the subject enough to get him inside to play. Then came nap time, he fussed for less than 5 minutes, asked for his nunnie...then fell asleep.

We will see how bedtime goes tonight.... the story continues!

1 comment:

A-town said...

Haha I love stories like this. Good luck!