pages

background

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

First steps

Just to update you all on my leg. I am doing good and started WALKING yesterday!!! Yes, I am crutch free. The doctor looked at my leg and sayed I was healing well. The break on the front of the leg is healed and the screw in my ankle is not visible at all, which means the bone is doing well. The break on the back of my leg is still healing and will take a bit longer.

I was a little scared to take my first few steps without crutches but by the second day I was ready to walk everywhere. Though I do not need to push it and those of you who know how stubborn I am...no worries, I am being careful and trying not to rush anything. Usually after a half day if that I am ready to call it quits. I get pretty tired and can feel my muscle in my calf yelling at me. I am still in a huge cast with a boot to help me to be stable while walking. I will go back to the doctor in two weeks to see if I can get in something less restrictive or not.

Thank you all for your prayers, phone calls, visits, cards and emails.

Till next time.......

1 comment:

Leah said...

Yay!! This is great news, LeeAnn! I'm sure you are loving the fact that you're a bit more mobile right now! It was SO wonderful seeing you!
Love and miss you!