pages

background

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

NO CAST!!!!!!!!

WOW! It has been several weeks since I have updated you all on my healing.... here is what is going on:

I got my cast off about a week ago and am in an ankle brace to help support me
while I walk. One of the brakes in my ankle is still not 100% healed but
doing better. The doctor wanted me to start therapy last week...after
leaving therapy today I am a bit sore. I do not have much motion in my
ankle at all, for instance I should be able to flex my foot back towards me
at about a 15 degree angle, I can only flex it 3 degrees. I am supposed to
be in therapy 3X a week for the next two weeks and then MAYBE drop down to
2X a week after that. I have exercises to do at home so that the process
will move along a bit faster.

Please be praying for my recovery because I am ready to get back to
Slovakia. I told my therapist I was going to return to SK on March
6th...she said (in all honesty) that depending on how the next couple of
weeks go that I may not be able to return until the end of March. I began
to cry out of frustration. I can understand where she is coming from
because I do not have the conveniences there as I do here...after 4 weeks I
could begin driving here and most places have elevators if need be and so
on...where as in SK I am on the 6th floor in my flat with no elevator (my
ankle is not ready for stairs) and walking everywhere I need to go. She
wants to make sure I am completely healed before returning...I do understand
but inside I am frustrated because I am ready to get back.

Part of me is upset because I want to get back to work there and be there a
sufficient amount of time before returning at the end of April to the states
for my brothers wedding...but I know and have faith that God knows what he
is doing. He had/has a reason for sending me home and using me here and I
have to have faith to know that when he is done with me here he will send me
back to SK.
I was told when returning here that my "mission call did not change when
going back to the U.S, only those you are ministering to." I continue to
remind myself of that and that I am God's vessel and he will use me when and
where he sees fit.

Some prayer requests would be:
* recovery of my ankle and a speedy therapy
* peace about being here until God calls me to return
* that I will continue to cling to our Lord each day and remember that this
is no surprise to him

No comments: