pages

background

Friday, February 17, 2006

"God does not give us overcoming life-..."

Lately I have been trying to figure out why in the world I am still state-side. I know God has a reason and purpose for everything but there are times that I just want to know at that very moment the answers, don't you?

Today I just thought I would share with you what has been on my mind recently. I was reading my daily devotional today, "My Utmost For His Highest" by Oswald Chambers, and this particular phrase caught my attention so I read it several times to digest it... ""The remarkable thing about spiritual initiative is that the life and power comes after we "get up and get going." God does not give us overcoming life-He gives us life as WE OVERCOME.""
WOW! So powerful.

Isn't that so true? There are so many things in life that we eventualy overcome. The past few months that I have been home in the states I have really battled being home and being satisfied with the season of life God has me in. So many times we get so worried about where we WANT to be instead of reallly embracing the season we are in at the present time...if we are too busy worrying about where we want to be then we might miss what God has to show us in our present place.


Thank all of you for your prayers and support...just so you know, as of today (2/17/06) I am stil state-side and will be here until the first week in May. My leg is healing and I have begun to walk, with an ankle brace, but there is still a slight break in one of the bones that is not healing very well. I have been in therapy for a few weeks now and have been seeing some progress in my ankle for sure. I would love to hear from all of you so please shoot me an email or phone call, it would be great to be able to sit down and catch up while I am in the states.

No comments: