pages

background

Monday, August 21, 2006

CAMPFEST

This year I had the opportunity to go to Campfest again. For those of you who are not familiar with Campfest, it is the "Passion" of Slovakia. It is a huge Christian worship festival and over 3000 people show up for this 3 day event and camp out.
/>

http://campfest.sk/en/

Only this time I was really only planning on going for Thursday afternoon to have a meeting with Danny Jones about mine and Bryan's future with Josiah Venture. So i hopped on a trian and headed up to the Tatry Mountains. Then some students asked me to stay for one night, so I figured why not (keep in mind I had nothing with me, I was not prepared to stay the night). I slept in Mike's car and was going to head out the next day. So I got to hang out all day Friday then headed to the train station Friday night to catch the LAST train to Presov...last train was right, I missed the train and the bus station was closed and taxies are too expensive, so I called Mike, he came to get me and I stayed another night at Campfest, still not prepared. (Same clothes, no toothbrush/deoderant, and a train ticket that is now no good). I found out that our friend from Presov was going to be at Campfest on Saturday afternoon. I asked Marcel if I could ride back to Presov with him that evening, thankfully he said yes. I finally left on Saturday evening and was less then 12 hours shy of staying for the entire Campfest. Everyone left on Sunday morning.

While I was in the train station I found some kids and asked if they could help me find another train or someway home...unfortuanatly they had a train to catch and I ended up calling Mike. The next day at Campfest, I saw the two boys (picture below) who were so kind to help me. I should have just jumped on the train with them to go to Campfest but I had no idea that is where they were going.





No comments: