pages

background

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

STRBSKE PLESO

This past weekend Amy, Paige, Stani (three of my dearest friends in Slovakia) and I went for a weekend away to the Tatry mountains. We stayed at the highest settlement in Vysoke Tatry (the High Tatras). It was gorgeous. We all wanted some time together to relax and nothing says relax to me like sitting in the middle of God's creation at 4,380 ft above sea level. I was speechless everytime I looked at the hands of God all around me.

We took a relaxing hike on Saturday almost to the top of the mountain. We were less then 2 hours from the peak. INCREDIBLE! There was a lake at the top that was the second highest lake in the Tatry's. We sat around the lake for a bit to take it all in and then we hiked back down. In the eveninings the sunset was stunning. The colors went from pink to an incredibly bright orange.






No comments: