pages

background

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Borax...what's that??

At least that was my question.

First let me say that this blog credit goes to Stacy from stacymakescents.com. This lady's blog rocks my world! :) I love finding ways to save money and of course love making my own things. Check out her blog!

So here it is; I made my own laundry detergent. Ya'll this was so easy and only took me 5-10 minutes. I am so pumped. You know I am excited because this is the first time in a LONG time that I posted something immediately after doing it. :)

The items below only cost me $7.00.



















After grating my soap and slightly my knuckle (Stacy, I tried to avoid your happenings but it was inevitable. I was so excited I think I got a bit carried away). I was ready to mix in the other ingredients... 1 cup of Borax and 1 cup of washing soda.



















Stacy mentions the workout of mixing and well I just skipped that step and put it all in my food processor as did she and we are ready... make sure you clean your processor really well before using it for food. I happen to come across a FREE one so now I have one to make my detergents and other household items and one for food. If you can find one for FREE I would recommend that...then you won't have to worry if you cleaned it good enough. :)

































you only need 2 tablespoons and remember to put it in with your water before the clothes...

























Laundry complete! As I was moving my laundry over to the dryer I was thinking..if I could only make dryer sheets....well are you ready for it????


YOU CAN!!! Yes, Stacy advised me of how to make dryer-sheets. I will post later but will be making those this afternoon.

Looking forward to the amount of money we will save!!!