pages

background

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

dryer-sheets

Here it is...

I couldn't stand it so while the kids were playing so well I mixed up the softener. I already had the Downy on hand and to be honest, not really sure where it came from. We have never bought liquid softener. (It could have been any of the many college students that have lived with us over the years) I also had a bottle of Dreft spray that was gone, so I used that.



















I filled the Dreft bottle half way with Downy then the rest with water. Then turn back and forth to mix up but do not shake vigorously...I know you are tempted but you will get lots of suds. Another little hint is that you can use hair conditioner...yes i said it! So the when the downy is gone I will be buying inexpensive hair conditioner. Sometimes you can find Suave for $1.00. Then follow the same process.

After mixing it up take an old rag, sock (cause we know we have lots of those sitting around because the dryer ate the other one, right?) and spray it with the softener. Don't drench it but enough to be moist, then put it in the laundry with your wet clothes. Ta Da!

You can re-use it with several loads and spray as needed. And if you want to wash it, go for it. Thanks again Stacy for your thrifty-ness... below is another great hint from her as well.

"If you’re really hard core into using your dryer sheets, that’s cool too. Just cut them in halves or thirds. Or do like me and reuse them. Another tip I came across said to soak an old rag in pure fabric softener and then leave it out to dry. When it’s dry you can toss it into the dryer with wet clothes and use it again and again. You can re-soak it as needed. My mom does this and she uses an old sock. See, I’ve been brought up very well."













Don't forget to label your bottles either. If you go to Stacy's website she made labels, I got lazy in that area and taped my own on and as you can see I tried to take the picture with baby in hand and well we got blurry..or it could be my eyes going bad again. LOL

The old wipe box is what I will use to store my rags, lonely socks or what ever I use to make the dyer-sheet.

Happy mixing!


1 comment:

Stacy said...

I'm very honored. :-)