pages

background

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Faith mean acting on our beliefs



The atmosphere around me today is very peaceful...as I sit here with my hot cup of tea, listening to the rain and feeling the cool breeze as it moves throughout my flat, God continues to speak to me about faith. What is faith? The simplest ideas- thankfulness, kindness, generosity, faith- are the most difficult to live out. To continue to trust God, to give ourselves into His keeping, our first fruits, our children, our homes to Him, the RIGHT THING is still FAITH. So what is faith...it is the right thing. To have faith in the one who doesn't remedy life's unfairness, but who does far better: He redeems it-it's unfairness, it's brokenness, it's disease and death and He gives it back to us sevenfold. 2 Corinthians 5:7 "We live by faith, not by sight"

Faith never knows where it is being led, but it knows the One Who is leading. The life of faith is not mounting up with wings, but a life of walking and not fainting. (Max Lucado, "The Inspirational Study Bible")

At times when I sit here and look outside at think about the fact that I am going to start a new life, new routine, new language, new friends, etc. etc., ...I wonder what God's bigger purpose in all of this is. I know it is for His glory and not mine.
I was reading in Genesis this morning, and in Genesis 12:1, God told Abraham to leave the land he was living in and go the a land that God would show him.
"The Lord had said to Abraham, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you..." humm? That sounds familiar. Kind of like when I heard God tell me to leave America, my home, my job, my family, my friends, comforts, surroundings, and move to Slovakia. That did not sound like a great idea but I left the comforts of my life with only God's word as my guide...faith means acting on our beiefs. Even during the difficult moments here and the ones I am sure to face , I am learning that my faith in God means trading my sorrows, pains, sicknesses, and laying them down for the joy of the Lord.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so proud of you and we think about you all the time.
Brad and Meredith

Alice Robbins said...

Lee Ann,
You don't know me, but I can not wait to meet you when I get over there! My name is Alice Robbins and I am Poland bound! Your post was a great reminder the to me. Thanks! I hope to get to meet you and all the JV folk soon as I wait on God's timing to get me there!

Alice
http://thepolandpulse.blogspot.com