pages

background

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

God faithfully restores his people after time of difficulty...


REMEMBER ME??? Probably not! Okay, so I neglected to post on here since "JoshandBen" posted for me. Well, I am back, so this along with my website should stay updated from here on out...

This summer has been one of the most fulfilling summers I think I have ever been a part of. God stretched me in so many ways, in ways I did not think I could be stretched. One of the areas where I know I have been lacking and where I need to be is spending more time with God every day...personal QT. This morning God spoke to me and showed me Psalm 86. Interesting how that is the very thing I needed to hear. We must be diligent in reading God's word, God confirmed that he had plans for Israel just as he has plans for me, for us and no matter how difficult the circumstances, he promises to support them. This summer I had one in particular circumstance that was rather difficult. My Papa passed away while I was in Serbia. That was hard on me because I thought that I should be home with the rest of my family. I was not able to get a flight out and get home in time. Through my faith and an amazing support team...God faithfully restored me during and after this time.
I was clinging to God's strength during all of this.
The world seems to think that succes comes from demonstrating personal power and desire by networking throught the RIGHT people...God says, true success comes from knowing, contemplating and memorizing His word. (From "The Inspirational Study Bible", by Max Lucado).

No comments: