pages

background

Sunday, August 28, 2005

"ready-made" society...



So Amy and I decided to have some students over for a movie and cookies. It is always fun to have kids over to our flat and hang out with them. They love to look at our pictures of family and friends and ask us questions about our lives. They are really curious about us and can not understand why we would want to come to Slovakia from America.

While they were here we watched a movie and ate a lot of snacks and ordered a pizza, then after the movie I decided to take some of the cookie mix that was sent to us from AMERICA (THANK YOU to those of who who sent it) and baked them some American cookies (which means I will need more mix b/c I shared our only stash with the kids...haha) and as I was mixing the dough and rolling them to put on the baking sheet, the girls looked at me funny because they do not have cookies like that...meaning in Europe they do not have "ready-made" meals, they are very much a make it from scratch society. There foods do not have preservatives like ours, which can be good and bad. I told them to trust me, they were delicious! Jany, one of the guys loves peanut butter, I let him try the dough, he was skeptical at first but that is the best part, licking the bowl clean. He loved it! (he is the one holding the bowl) It was a lot of fun!

No comments: