pages

background

Monday, October 31, 2005

Skupinka (small group)


(top row: Zuzka,Tanya,Milka and bottom row: Janka,Natalia,Me)

I have had the amazing opportunity to lead a small group of girls every week. Their ages range from 14-10 years old. These girls are so much fun and have a passion for God.
Each week we get together and share something about our lives and what God is teaching us.
In the next week I am going to do the book "Purpose Driven Life" with them. The book is offered here in Slovak so we are looking forward to it. I think it will be a great study for all of us.

Last night all the girls stayed the night at my flat and I made them Mexican food for dinner and a traditional American breakfast (pancakes, eggs and bacon)in the morning. They really liked it. We had so much fun together just being girls and sharing about our lives...we got NO sleep and went to bed at 6am and then we got up at 7:30...I am getting too old for that! :) Despite the lack of sleep and feeling a little disoriented the next day, it was worth it.

I am so encouraged by their faith and how they try and reach out to their friends. WOW!! I love that when we get together they open their hearts and share about their life....stuggles, praises and challenges. I am truly excited to build these relationships and continue to grow with these girls!

No comments: