pages

background

Monday, May 22, 2006

George Bush aka America

It is such a great feeling to be back here!

This weekend was a weekend diving back into Slovakia and it's culture. I had an amazing weekend in Kukova...lots of Slovak food, and I mean LOTS, time with kids playing futbol (soccer and don't worry, I watched the whole time) and eating Zmirzlina (ice cream), and church on Sunday morning.
I really missed these families while I was in the states. They have really accepted me into their homes and made me feel like one in the family. I can honestly say I found forever friends and family in Kukova. What a blessing from God.



  
Here is a funny story from the weekend that I think you all will enjoy. While I was watching the kids play soccer, I was also talking to someone on the bench...and yes I was speaking English.
Well, notice the young boy holding my Slovnik pictured below...he heard me and kept looking at me, he continue to gain a bit of confidence and kept inching closer and closer until he was literally sitting next to me. He did not speak any English but was very curious. He asked me (in Slovak of course) “Are you American?” and this was how the funniest part of our conversation went in Slovak...
L: “yes”
Young boy: “Where”
L: “USA”
Young boy: “are you from NEW MEXICO”
**I am thinking...humm? USA/NEW MEXICO..what? Why would he ask me if I am from New Mexico??
L: (slightly laughing) “No I am American, from the USA. Do you know where Georgia is?”

Expecting him to say no, he got excited and said “YES, GEORGE BUSH!”






Hahahahaha! That was the last thing I was expecting to hear from this young boy. It was quite funny. Well the doors were opened and other kids joined us. I got to spend the next 2 hours talking to these kids. It was really great!

We just never know the relationships that God will bring into our lives. I have found that each and everyone of mine are unique and special.

No comments: