pages

background

Thursday, May 11, 2006

YEAH I am back

I arrived in Slovakia on May 3rd...I got here just in time for our spring conference in Czech Republic. Ironic how I broke my leg in November in Czech and returned to the same place this past week. I was so excited to return. I had mixed emotions knowing that I was leaving family and friends (and a FIANCE') but also was ready to return to my ministry here in Slovakia. When I arrived in the NY airport waiting for my connecting flight to Czech, I heard all this Czech language around me and began to grin. I loved it. I knew I was close to home.
Our conference focused on spring renewal and renewing our spirits. It was a great conference and much needed. I think we all need to be revitalized and ready for a fresh start. It was a great time to catch up with the JV family and hear about their lives and share with them what the Lord has been doing in mine since I was MIA for 5 months. I got to know several more of the women in JV and found our conversations to be precious. What a blessing working for JV is...the people among this team are so amazing and fun to work with. Even only being part of the team for a short time it was nice to know that I was missed and thought of. So many people expressed their concern and love for me when I returned. It was comforting to know I am among some of the most Godly people I know. I love my JV family.

Once I returned to Slovakia at the end of the week I had this refreshing weight lifted off me. It felt like I was were I was supposed to be. I grinned from ear to ear when I pulled up to my flat and things were familiar again... the life that I was adjusting to and that the Lord put me in was all back in front of me again.

Over the next couple of week I will be moving into a new flat for the summer. I will be right in the center of town. So it will be a bit more convenient. The place I am moving into is not an actual flat but a small dormitory type room. It will be perfect and comfortable for the summer.
Once I get moved in I will get some pictures of my new place.

Camp starts in about a month so we are on CAMP MODE and busier than ever. More to come...

No comments: