pages

background

Monday, May 22, 2006

Direction

My one year here is fastly approaching its end and over the past several months I have been praying about the direction that God would lead me and what my next steps were going to be with Josiah Venture and in ministry as a whole.
During my time in the states, Bryan was brought into my life and now we both have begun to pray about where we will go and what we will do in the future. It's funny how one moment you pray for the Lord to guide YOU and the next you are praying for the Lord to guide US. I am not sure what that means and how God will use us and I will admit, part of me fears/feared the reality that my time overseas may be coming to an end and I don't know what that looks like or even if I am ready or even want to return to the states.
Even when I started the process in my move here last year, God was faithful the whole time and guided every step of my way. So why would this time around be any different? Sometimes I think it might be because now there is two of us involved, which I know is my selfish way of thinking.
This weekend I began to really seek God and pray for his guidance in these decisions that Bryan and I will be making. He lead me to two verses...
Acts 17:26
"From one man he made every nation of men, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he determined the times set for them and the exact places where they should live"
and
Isaiah 30:21
"Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "this is the way; walk in it."

How comforting it is to hear the Lord tell me that he knows the EXACT time and place where we will live and that we should follow him. Sometimes I feel like I want to pray for what I WANT and not necessarily God's WILL for my life. But it is true that the Lord will grant you the desires of your heart (be it that they are in His will) and that He wants what is best for us...so if His will is what is best for us, then wouldn't it make sense to just pray for His will in our life? UGH!! That is where trusting God comes into play.
I think he made it clear to me this weekend that he knows the time and place of where he wants us and to walk in His will and he will guide us every step of the way.
I am excited about finishing up my summer here in Slovakia...embracing the season and the people over the next few months and I am also excited about the adventure the Lord is going to take me on after the summer is over.
Living in God's will doing what He calls us to do is almost like a roller coaster ride...thrilling, exciting, scary, nervousness, moments of tears, heart feeling like it is going to come out of your chest and wondering is this ride going to be safe but all together worth it in the end because I have no idea where this ride will go, but my God, who designed it, built it, runs it, and strapped me securely into my seat knows perfectly. Because He is good and trustworthy I have nothing to fear and because my desire is that the purpose of my life will be to make His name Famous I am going to continue to live for God's will/purpose in my life.

No comments: