pages

background

Thursday, May 11, 2006

A time of relfection

Hey all! I feel like the last two blogs have been a sad display of me not keeping you updated as promised. I am so sorry for the delay in updates but I am here to say that I am back on top of things and ready to roll.

I had a wonderful time with family and friends in the states and really seeking the Lord in many areas of my life. I questioned many times why the Lord sent me home with such an intricate break in my leg (operation and all) and could not figure out why after he just sent me to Slovakia why he would turn around and send me home for 5 months of recovery???? I have learned in the process that it is the Lord's will and not ours...

The verse Jeremiah 29:11 (The Message) came to mind during my visit home:
"I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out--plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for."

He proved this to me over and over during my time at home whether it was through conversations or places the Lord led me. During my time home I got a lot of time with my immediate family and cherished every minute of it. It was precious time with each one individually and together. I always love time with my family and the fellowship we have. I had a hard time letting them be servents in my life as I like to do everything on my own. So many people stepped up to the plate to help me get around while I was on crutches for many months. I am thankful for the relationships the Lord has put into my life and thankful for the new ones that developed while I was home in the states and would not have happened if the Lord did not send me there. One of these relationships in particular happens to be a man named Bryan Barton. During our time together we became very drawn to each other and really felt the Lord's hands molding our relationship into something much more than either of us expected...with that being said, I am ENGAGED! Yes, it is true! I would love to share with you more, so please feel free to email me.



Also while home I got to be a part of my brothers wedding in Pensecola, Florida. It was gorgeous and the perfect wedding for he and Misty (my new sister in law). We had so much fun celebrating their special day. As an odler sister (younger to him...he's the boss in our relationship) it was refreshing to see my brother enter into a new phase of life full of so much joy. He is my best friend and brother and I could not have asked for a better couple to unite then them.



As you can see the Lord's' hands were in many relationships during my time at home. I am glad I trusted him to return for my recovery.

Thank you all for continuing to support me prayerfully and financially. This would not be possible with out each one of you.

No comments: