pages

background

Monday, May 15, 2006

"Whatever"

As I was walking back from the grocery store I was afraid my bags were gonna rip because I forgot my backpack and had to carry them in the plastic bags they give you and well....I got more then I planned on getting and it was a bit heavy..."whatever"
I kept stopping along the way readjusting my bags, setting them down to re-grip so I don't lose anything and as I was doing all this I kept looking around me and telling myself, this is just the way of life here...."whatever", I kept telling myself this is not convenient and it would be nice to have a car but in the same breath I would say man it's gorgeous outside, this is such a nice walk and I really love my life here...."whatever" funny how I can have both thoughts in the same moment?!
During my walk home, that believe it or not I was honestly enjoying, a song came on my ipod that fit so perfect the moment I was experiencing and realized God was speaking to me...

"Whatever"
Steven Curtis Chapman

I made a list wrote down from a to z
All the ways I thought that you could best use me
Told all my strengths and my abilities
I formed a plan it seemed to make good sense
I laid it out for you so sure youd be convinced
I made my case presented my defense
But then I read the letter that you sent me
It said that all you really want from me is just

Whatever whatever you say
Whatever I will obey
Whatever lord have your way
cause you are my God whatever

So strike a match set fire to the list
Of all my good intentions all my preconceived ideas
I want to do your will no matter what it is
Give me faith to follow where you lead me
Oh lord give me the courage and the strength to do

I am not my own
I am yours and yours alone
You have bought me with your blood
Lord to you and you alone do I belong
And so whatever


I looked around me and said "WHATEVER" God...you have me hear for WHATEVER and that is what im going to do..WHATEVER, even if this bag rips and my groceries fall in the street, I will be okay. I trust you, you sent me here, and you will be with me every step of the way.

It is such a great feeling to let go and let God do all the work. He takes you on such amazing adventures to places you never thought you would go....I don't mean just physically. Spiritually this has been such an incredible journey.

I am excited for WHATEVER God has in my life...I am ready!

No comments: